Wednesday, May 26, 2010

It's Almost June!

Time flies sooooo fast. It's almost June now! 6 months has passed and another 6 months to go before the year ends.

I dont know if its just me, but, don't you feel that time passes even faster as you age? I mean, when I was schooling, one year took forever to end before I graduated from school, into Form 6, then 3 years in Uni and finally, FINALLY free from the tortures of exams and misery of memorising facts just to pass the papers. But now that I am no longer a student (in the formal education per se) and part of the faithful tax-paying workforce, time moves so fast. I've been working for 4 years already although I felt like I am still quite fresh from uni.

And I have completed my compulsory service to the company.

Perhaps, because everyday is a routine, the brain is fused to 'count' time on a weekly basis. So instead of looking at 365 days, I look at 52x2 (Sat & Sun) = 104 days only. Mon-Fri = 1 block so tak kira. Maybe the brain has aged and is incapable of separating short spare time in the form of 'after-office hours' from the normal hours at work. Maybe.

Looking at my schedule for the coming months, I am packed and every weekend is booked for some event or another. Its not a bad thing la, after all, this brings colour to my life. Thinking back, I shouldn't be complaining coz I know there are people out there who live by themselves, away from family, don't have many close friends and whose lives just revolve around work and nothing else. Quite a sad state actually. Thank God I am put in that kind of position. I'll be crazy.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, well, i also forgot. Happy Wesak Day to all Buddhists and happy holiday to all those who are benefitting from the Wesak Day holiday. For me and those kesian people who have to work, erm, happy working (though I don't think it will be such).

1 comment:

Cruel Angel said...

make yourself relevant...

don't depends on the company! Make sure you can live without the company not the other way round!