Friday, October 09, 2009

My First Wedding Assignment

Collage 1 resized

CK did not have a professional photographer for her wedding day, so I offered to be her official photographer for the ‘chee mui’ session and church ceremony.  Since I am no pro, and she’s a good friend, I did it for free.  I had fun, but I must say that it is not easy being a wedding photographer.  Everything has to be right at the crucial moment.  My experience can be summarised as below:

1.  Must shoo away the relatives who are blocking the OP, that is me.  Be brutal also never mind.  But I am, by nature a gentle and shy person (ahem!) so I failed in this part.

2.  OK, since I did not acheive Item (1), I did a more subtle way, that is slot in IN FRONT of them and buat tak tau they are there.  Alternatively, I changed to a zoom lens and put the lens through their shoulder. Hah.

3.  Dont try to gatal change lenses so many times if u r not a pro.  Really, I couldnt focus on the ring exchange ceremony because I was using a tele lens and it couldnt focus because I was too near!  Sad but never mind, lucky I smart, took photos of the both rings at the fingertips of the priests with some nice bokeh at the back.  Can tipu kut. ;p

4.  Must wear comfortable because the OP is required to climb pews, run fast from front to back and font again, stand for long hours, squat and macam-macam again.  Especially in front the crowd, cannot afford to have the underwear line peeping through the jeans. 

5.  Need lots of stamina for reasons stated above and also, sacrifice of fun times hanging out with my other friends who came because I have to be there for the couple to photograph the relatives and friends.

Ah, that was wedding photography for me.  A little about the couple:

The story of how CK and her hubby Kenny got together is something that I would say ‘drop from the sky’.  CK has been good friends with Ken’s sister for 3 years, and they never knew each other existed.  Until the sister invited CK over for her convocation dinner and that was where they met.  Slowly they got to know each other better, got connected and finally, after 2 or 3 years of courtship, they tied the knot on 18 July 2009.  Such a wonderful couple, and I am really blessed to see CK, being provided with all her needs, including a good life partner, simply because she is faithful to God in every aspect.  She’s an inspiring woman to me.

Yes, do drop me some comments la on the photography aspect.  More pictures to come, but these are my favourites so far. 

No comments: