Sunday, June 21, 2009

How Much Have I Changed In 10 Years

This is an interesting questionnaire in Facebook.  So I thought, why not blog about it.  Here are Questions and my answers in italic. 

  • Ten years ago, did you live in a different home?

I was still living in Taiping, Perak.  Am living in PJ, Selangor now.

  • Ten years ago, did you live in a different city?

I was in Taiping, Perak.  Now PJ, Selangor.

  • Did you live in a different state?

Was in Perak, now Selangor… (Stupid repetitive question)

  • Did you have different best friends?

Yea, the old friends are all over the country, I’m closer to my KL friends nowadays.

  • Did you have a different marital status?

I was single then, but engaged now.

  • What was your financial situation ten years ago?

10 years ago, mum and dad footed the bills, now have to pay everything myself.  What to do, wasnt earning yet then.

  • Did you have a completely different hair color?

Hm, I dyed my hair to mahogany once, I think it was 3 years ago, and then it was black again till today.  Maybe I have more grey hair now.  That’s the only difference la.

  • Did you have completely different career aspirations?

Oh yea, I remembered that I was so determined to be a doctor since I was a child because I wanted to be like Dr Lim (my favourite doctor), but realised that I was more into Physics than Biology after streaming into science,  and since then I went into a state of uncertainty of what I should pursue in life.  I wanted to be an engineer, architect and God (and my Kad 001) knows what else.  I ended up as a quantity surveyor instead.  But now, after several years of practise, I think I would like to try out something else, perhaps in a different field.   So the answer to this question is, yes, I have different career aspirations. 

  • Did you have a different celebrity crush?

Damn, I think I only liked Jet Li and those cutesy boy bands.  Haha.  But now, I like hot men, like Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig.  =)  All the cute boys can pack their bags and disappear.  Forever.  Hah.

  • You had a different significant other:

I was single la, tarak boyfriend also that time.  From all girls’ school and no tuition, how to meet boys?  Some more I was very tomboyish, who would want me la?   But now, I have a boyfriend, or rather, a fiancé so, that counts as having a different significant other as opposed to no significant other.

  • You had completely different political views:

Yes, I was pro Govt then.  I’m disillusioned now.

  • Are you having more piercings or tattoos?

No la.  But that time dont have ear piercings yet, now I have. 

  • Do you weigh more than 10 years ago?

I was approximately 50kg, am still 50kg.  But looking at my old photos, I have slimmed down quite a bit.  The baby fats mysteriously disappeared after SPM, and I have been thin since.  I still can wear my 10 year old t-shirts!  But dont know why the weight is still the same.

  • Did you have much different drinking habits?

Those days:  Alcohol is evil!  Away with sin!

Nowadays:  Bring me that Stout!  Yeehaa =)

  • You had a completely different circle of friends?

Yes, but I still keep in touch with the old ones, occasionally.  You see, they live near me, and dont hang out at night, so it’s difficult to meet up with them. 

  • You didn't have a computer

That time where got computer yet.  Got also, very expensive.  These days ‘puters are so cheap, every student has one.  I have a laptop now.

  • You didn't have a cell phone

Those days only the rich have cell phones.  I survived with house phone and public phones.   Those colourful phonecards, weren’t they beautiful?  The good old days when I used to collect those cards….=)  But now, I cant survive without my handphone!

  • Did you have completely different taste in music?

Oh yea, Backstreet Boys, N Sync and a whole load of other boybands used to rock!  Haha!  But now, I’d prefer Bryan Adams and U2, anytime.  Eric Claption also OK.  Andrea Bocelli too.  Micheal Buble.  Mariah Carey’s old songs were alright too.  And I like those 80s and 90s stuff too. 

  • Did you have a different education level?

10 years ago : Form 4

Now : Graduated with a degree.

  • Did you live with different people than you do now?

Erm, I used to live with my parents and sister.  Now I live with my sister only.  Mum comes by every month.  Pa gone home already. Does that count as living with different people?

So Facebook came out with a conclusion for me:-

Tina took the quiz How Much Have You Changed in 10 Years? and the result is You've Changed 66% in 10 Years

Compared to who you were ten years ago, you've changed a great deal.
In fact, you're probably in a completely different phase of your life - and very happy about it!

Oh yes, a change is always good and welcomed. =)

No comments: