Friday, May 29, 2009

What’s Behind The Wall – Part 1

Construction sites are interesting places for me.  Most people appreciate the end product, but never knew how the structure is like during construction.  Kinda like babies – they’re cute and adorable when they were born, but before that, during foetus-y (foetus stage lah, dont know what its called), the developing human inside the womb is nothing but adorable.  Yeah, lame analogy but you get what I mean, right?

Anyway, since I work at a construction site and have heavy loading insurance plus CIDB green card, I have unlimited access to anywhere at site.  Which is good because I know that the site can be a very interesting place to photograph, if you open your eyes big big and lookout for opportunities for good shots. Since I’m love abstracts, architecture and buildings, I thought I’d do a series on walls.

P1070224 

Looks like something from Picassa.

P1070225

Door To The Soul – I was walking around site with some of the supervisors when I spotted this timber door frame leaning against the wall.  The texture on the wall and the shadow that befall the frame somehow gave me the feeling of serenity, like a door to the heart and soul.

Yer, jiwangnyer!  Kekeke

P1070226 

Splatters of cement mortar. 

 

Some walls also have sketches and scribblings.  You see, most of the workers are from foreign lands, like Indonesia, Bangladesh, Nepal, Myanmar and India.  And they have been away from their families for many, many years.  So its only natural that they scribble on the wall to express their feelings.

P1070223

Indian Lady – When I saw this, I knew I had to take this photo.  My deductions are:

1.  An Indian worker misses his wife

2. A worker likes my site clerk, who’s a Malaysian Indian lady.

3.  This is a shrine of Aishwarya Rai.  Damn I hope this is not one! Haha

P1070227

Pigs On The Loose – Aren’t they cute?  I wondered why they drew pigs. 

So that’s the end of my first series of What’s Behind The Wall.  Kita sambung another time when I visit another block tomorrow. 

No comments: