Sunday, September 14, 2008

The 'Whatever' Culture

Youths these days are so 'whatever'. Ask them any question, and the answer will most likely be a resounding 'whatever!'. I'm still young myself, but I never really caught into this 'trend' of 'whatever'-ing all my answers. I suspect it has got to do with the fact that I grew up in a small town up north and people there just dont talk and act glam.

Kinda old fashion a lil. OK, maybe it's just me.

But tell me lah, dont you get irritated when you ask somebody "Can I do [insert any suggestion]?" and the answer you get is 'Whatever!". What does that supposed to mean? Yes or no? I would automatically deduced it as a modern uppity way of telling no.

But what about when you asked someone a 'how' question and the answer you get is a 'whatever'? So how? My respond would be: come back another time to ask the same question when that person is not in the MTV mood.

Ah, damn you MTV for poisoning our youths with the 'whatever' culture.

No comments: