Thursday, May 08, 2008

Two Down, Two More To Go

It has been two years, and another two to go!





I'm counting down the remaining days of my bond. Two years is certainly not a short period of time, although I personally didnt feel like I have been in the workforce for 2 years.





As usual, when I past certain milestones in my life, I will take some time to reflect on the past, and of course, that comes with a great deal of "I wish it wasnt so..." and "I should have...". Life has been okay, bittersweet I would say. There were days when I would feel so rewarded to do what I am doing, and there were many more days when I wish I was doing something else. The vicous cycle has not end, but right now, I have learnt to be more accepting of the situation rather than always trying to run away from reality, which often were futile efforts.



Having said that does not mean that I want to remain in this line forever. Ive yet to chart my career path; still indecisive of what to do next and wishing that I can make good money from a passion I've yet to discover. But life is not all bad here. Ive had my share of good times with the company. Like, I've had the opportunity to hike up Gunung Ledang and venture into normally prohibited spots on the hill. And to deliver a speech in front of Dato Fong Chan Oon, the then Human Resource Minister. I've also learnt a fair bit of events management, organising trips and outings for staff (which could be hell lot of problems) and also, opportunities to take photographs of events and games, which do not come to normal people under ordinary circumstances. Well, at least, I can cross out events management from my 'potential fields to work in the future'. So less one headache =)


On a more job-related side, I've had the once in a blue moon opportunity to actually be involved in serious legal disputes between the company and some sub contractors. Not every dispute will end in such a 'big' way, so I consider myself lucky to be in a place where I can learn from this er, misfortune. It's not easy work but its a good experience ground for me.


So after two years here, I did ask myself one question. After all the pain and tears, is it worthwhile to go on? I honestly dont know and very much lost and confused. But at least, I dont have the opportunity to derail from dellusion, thanks to the bond that has bolted my feet on the ground. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going. No? We'll see in two years time. =)

No comments: