Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Seasons In The Sun

"We had joy, we had fun, we had Seasons in the sun
But the hills that we climbed were just Seasons out of time"
extracted from Terry Jack's Season in The Sun, 1974.


I'm feeling the blues again. Another mass exodus to the Middle East. And all of them I consider are good friends. The feeling is weird, I feel sad to see them leave but at the same time, I could feel the excitement and uncertainty in their hearts as they countdown the days they have in Malaysia. Leaving the country is a gamble- you dont know waht awaits you at the end of your new voyage. Heck, you dont even know how you will begin! But if you dont take up that gamble, you wouldn't know the outcome, would you?


I sometimes wish I could work overseas too. I could if I wanted to but there are so many things in life that I cannot leave behind. Part of me wants to venture out to see the other side of the world and I know that I can go in just a click of the mouse (now that quantity surveyors are very much in demand in the Middle East and the offers available are so attractive one would be silly not to consider any, eh?). But the dark side of me, the more domineering one is just not ready to leave. (isnt the dark always more alluring? I ain't talking about Nikon, btw why is Nikon known as the dark side??) Haih.


Anyway, rants aside. To all my friends who are leaving to the land of sand and surf under the sun, I wish u all the best. And please, spare me a decent room when I drop by for a visit (if I ever do... nowadays flying to London is cheaper than to Middle East, with Air Asia promising return fares as low as RM1200!). In return of your hospitability, I'll bring you wantan mee, bakuteh , charsiew pau and anything pork ok? Hehe. Bon Voyage!

No comments: