Thursday, December 06, 2007

It's The Time Again

This is the time of the year for:



1) Vacations and going for that annual leave clearance frenzy. Which brings forth a whole lot of dominoes effect to the office.


Bosses take long leave, hence they wont be around to sign off important documents. Nobody to sign, means the document will be pending. Pending means, the subsequent documents cannot proceed. So work at the 'small fish zone' becomes slower...Haih.

I, too, will be taking a few days leave for Christmas. It's been a long time since I last went home. Gonna take this opportunity to kick off my new photojournalistic project. I haven't prepare anything for it yet, but planning will take off this week. I've got 5 days only to do up this mini-project and I hope things will turn up the way I want it to.

Oh, but before that, I've got to settle my latest project (of a different nature than the one mentioned above) which is to plan for a blasting New Year Party for my company. That is one big headache as I've yet to receive any feedback from RP. Haih.

2) That annual appraisal. I am still fearful of appraisals although I've been through it like 3 times already in my 1.5 years of service with the company. Maybe I still dont feel that I am an excellent worker, although I dont think I am bad either. But then again, it cant be that bad, after all there are far worse tak boleh pakai cobra kings in my office...

One thing I've learnt so far, that is, no matter how bad you think you are, do NOT disclose too much of your weaknesses to your boss. They might not even notice it in the first place. And more importantly, blow your own horn as loud as you can and take no shame in doing that! If you dont put up a perasan thick skin, you'll never get the increment that you want.

That was what I did. But of course, being an Asian, I was never taught to be boastful of myself, so, yah, I restrained a little....



3) Freebies to roll in. Calenders, diaries...Though these are common stuff, but at least, they're FREE and I dont have to spend a single cent on these items! So far the department has received diaries and calenders (but yet to be distributed), and for myself, I've been given pens and a digital clock. My collection will continue till next year...Hehe.

Unfortunately, the company doesnt give out diaries, calenders and pens to the employees of executive or lover levels. So, sorry guys, no diaries from me.

4) Christmas!

It didnt dawn on me that Christmas is like thiiiiiisssssssssss close in the calender until yesterday when the Church sang 'O Come Let Us Adore Him'. A beautiful song with beautiful words that just suddenly clicked on me that it's gonna be my Lord's birthday!

I've not done any Christmas shopping and might not be doing any shopping at all. Perhaps, only a change of hairstyle will do. But I certainly would want to have a greater Christmas than the years before and I did actually thought of hosting a cozy dinner with my friends who are not going home for Christmas say, on the week before Christmas. Just for a good time of fellowship la before I balik kampung to spend time with my family for this joyous occasion.

And btw, my sister and I bought a new 4-feet high Christmas tree. Hehe...Will put up a picture of it once the tree is fully done up!

In the meantime, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

Petrina said...

yes, and listening to all the christmas music makes me feel in the mood too. :)

can't wait to go back to ipoh and see all my family members, from 6 month old baby niece to 85 year old granparents. makes me semangated to go on ...