Saturday, June 09, 2007

Weddings, Weddings and More Weddings

Our beloved Prime Minister Dato Abdullah Ahmad badawi is getting married again this Saturday.

I think this is the season for weddings. Personally I have no comment on his upcoming wedding but I've heard mix reviews on his decision to re-marry after slightly over a year and a half after his wife passed. Some are not happy with him while some have positive opinions. Whatever it is, he's getting married again and its a fact that we all have to live in. Only opinion from me is, he should declare this Saturday as a public holiday lah, for us poor project site staff who have to work full day on Saturdays...sigh.

This is not the first grand wedding of the year. Our (applicable for Perak-ians only) raja Muda (crown prince) finally tied the knot with a beautiful and successful lady a few weeks back.

[Picture by Bernama taken from a website]



Of course everyone was happy with the wedding. Raja Nazrin Shah was Perak's most eligible bachelor- he's smart, handsome and first in line to the throne. But a compatible match could not be found so he was single all this while. Until dont-know-when lah he met his bride Tuanku Zara. She's just completes him. =)


Ok, back to somewhere near my backyard. Some of my friends are getting married or are married by now. Last weekend, Sam Tan and Vic were hitched to one another (duh!) in a beautiful church ceremony and dinner in Puchong.



Hwee Pheng will be married next month and Emmy in November. Besides them I know a lot of other couples who are getting married too (and planning to get married) but I dont feel it that much because I am not close to them. So no comments on that lah, yah! But the point I'm trying to make here is.... a lot of couples ARE getting married these days, more than you ever could imagine.

OR IS IT BECAUSE I'VE REACHED THE AGE WHERE PEERS AND OTHERS OF MY GENERATION ARE STARTING TO GET MARRIED?

Maybe lah. That's why I am more aware of weddings than in my younger years. Hmm...

No comments: