Thursday, April 19, 2007

Happy Birthday To Sultan Azlan Shah!

Being a pure Perak-ian, born and bred in Perak and having both parents from Perak, I always remember February 19 is the Hari Keputeraan Sultan Perak (Sultan Perak's Birth Day). I remember almost forgetting to go to class on this date in my first year living in another state because April 19 has always been a holiday for the first 20 years of my life!!!

I've always admired my Sultan, Sultan Azlan Muhibbuddin Shah ibni Almarhum Sultan Yusuff Izzuddin Shah Ghafarullahu-Lah . (Yes, his proper name is THAT long so imagine me as a kid trying to memorize his name for our Bahasa Malaysia Std 2 class! For this blog purpose, we shall refer to him as Sultan Azlan Shah ok?). He's smart and for one, he's humble. I've not met him in person but from what I heard (or not heard of) he's not the type of person who goes around reiterating his position as the Sultan just to gain other people's respect. Heck, he doesnt even need to do that because he IS naturally smart and respectable in charactor!

I wanted to write some facts about him and his achievements but since Wikipedia has already done a fantastic job in it, why dont you just click here and read it from a better source than myself ya?

And...did you know that the Perak Sultanate actually has a website of their own? WOW! Told you the palace peeps are SMART. Do check out the guestbook...it's amusing to see how people use bahasa istana like 'patik yang hina' while some others just address to the sultan casually! Macam tak biasa with the word 'hina', hehe....


So anyway that's a bit from me about the Sultan. The state of Perak is a beautiful and peaceful state and I believe the administrators of the state has done a good job in keeping the place at its best. Respect, respect.... I love Perak, really. I just have one wish- that the Hari keputeraan holiday can be extended to all Perak-ians who are away from the state ;p

1 comment:

Cruel Angel said...

He is the most leader lookalike leader in terms of Sultan of Msia. With his Silver hair and cool look, he is the best looking sultan ever..
All others are simply damn old or womanizer face..