Friday, October 20, 2006

The final hour

5pm. The final hour before the beginning of the extended weekend. Long holiday la. Planning to leave on the dot today. Hopefully the road would be clear, though i doubt it would.

Anyway, one of my colleagues, chua just casually asked me if I would be interested to contribute to his fren's new blog on Malaysia. Well, for those who are not aware, next year (2007) is THE tourism year for Malaysia. I havent come across any promotion tho, just heard it by word of mouth...

Which gives me an idea...Hmm...

I can write about my hometown. It's not very well known among tourists coz tourist agents would most likely promote Ipoh instead of Taiping when it comes to Perak. What is dis la, like Ipoh has any attraction of its own (hehe). Ok, maybe the food, but not places.

This reminds me of my last tour around ipoh with joshua and dom. Sad, we ended up going to Kellie's Castle at Batu Gajah.

I wonder how come the state tourism board isnt aware of this.

Ok, so I'll do a little research for my rich yet humble hometown. Stay tuned.

Oh, i forgot. I dont have a digital camera with me now. Sold mine and still searching for another one. I'll see what I can do lah..

Happy holiday to all, Selamat Hari Raya to all my muslim frens and Happy Deepavali to the Hindu ones..

6 comments:

s1nn3r said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Petrina said...

heya. third time i m here, damn nice blog ok. good content, funny, engaging ... honest and well-written. a reflection of the friend i know...
:)

yup, finally got around to updating my links page to put ur new blog up. :)

tina said...

s1nn3r: if u really want to know...sorry to disappoint u, i dont do such thing ok.

petrina: yeah, thanks =)should catch up wit u one of these days..

Petrina said...

should...should catch up.
u free after 18 nov? me exams over then, and i m not going back to ipoh so soon... :)

Petrina said...

oh yeh, and i would like to be invited to ur deeper journey blog, please!
:)

tina said...

pet: u there? haha..tht blog is actually a personal blog, so cnt share with u, hehe..besides i hardly (haha in fact only once) update it...

but all the action is here, so do keep up with my blog!

and...can also ignore 'my journey'. it's my oldest blog, dated 2004 i thk!

happy holidays fren!